Sunday, February 12, 2012

Linux Root Password Changing

Recently I loaded Red Hat Linux Enterprise on my PC for the purpose of learning it and due to my old compromising keyboard I mistyped my password for the two times and then I was in a state of NO PC as I used the same password for the User and ROOT.

But just a click on net, I found the process of modifying the root password, and it is very simple.

Process:

1. At the GRUB loader press ‘a’ for editing the one time boot instance, replace ‘quite’ default value with ‘1’ meaning single user mode.

2.  The system loads directly into ROOT user mode with out asking for password.

3.  Then you know what to do, run ‘passwd root’ in the terminal/bash then it asks for new password.  Reboot normally.

Well, now you are the administrator again Open-mouthed smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment