Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Stronghold 3

I played stronghold crusader 1 and its extreme version also, hence I know some of the goods and bad of the gameplay.  Also, I have good experience playing the pharaoh and Caesar series, i.e. I love playing the city building and strategy games  Smile with tongue out

About this version: Stronghold 3, I have to say that FIREFLY STUDIOS have done a great job, it is really worth while version to purchase.  I saw a lot of comments in gamers sites like Gamespot and IGN that the game is not as expected and is somewhat bad.  let me tell you, the issue was the game is a bit more tough than its stronghold extreme version, the difficulty does not like in army firstly, but it is challenging to satisfy the population/villagers, in older version, I can take the pop count to a 100 in few mins, but in this game this is lot lot lot hard.  I am writing this blog after playing the game for more than 4 hrs and I only reached a pop of 36 at max, it is that difficult Sad smile.

Talking of the graphics and sound effects, the game is awesome, apart from few mouse related glitches.

Since I have experience with earlier versions of this game, I can play it easily, however for new ones, the game is very tough as the Learning Curve is 0 or less than 1 on a scale of 10, imagine playing the game of strategy without know how to use the buildings, options that interlink the pop growth etc.  If the company release a tutorial patch it would be excellent series to play on with.

Also, in earlier version a ring of red or green color would be on fire camp building, it would tell graphically the speed at which the villagers are leaving, however this option is not given in 3, I think the company must keep this in next versions at least.

Stronghold 1 Firecamp with Villager Generation Ring

Above is pic from Stronghold 1.  Below is pic from Stronghold 3

Stronghold 3 Firecamp without Villager Generation Ring

Expecting a stronghold version 4 to cover the above.  Final verdict, stronghold 3 is tough but a good game to play.

 

However, there are some funny stuff too like the WOLFs are able to climb the wooden towers using ladders and killing archers Smile with tongue out.

No comments:

Post a Comment